phpBB (PHP Bulletin Board) is an open source bulletin board software that is available under the GNU General Public License. It is written using the PHP scripting language and provides support for multiple databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, and Microsoft Access among others.
phpBB is a fully customizable and extendable software. MODs (i.e. extensions) can be easily integrated with the phpBB application in order to enhance its basic functionalities. phpBB solutions can be integrated with existing web applications in order include bulletin board functionalities with them using technical skills of our dedicated php developers india.
phpBB provides a browser based Admin Control Panel that can be used to setup and manage discussion forums. In order to participate in the forum, users can register with the website and subscribe to selected discussion groups.
PHP-INDIA helps clients implement and deploy discussion boards using phpBB. As per the needs and requirements of clients we can customize the basic phpBB solution.
phpBB is a feature rich bulletin board software that include a whole range of features. Some of the features available are as follows:
- phpBB provides support for multiple languages. It includes built in translators for 64 languages.
- phpBB has a template based architecture thereby making it easy for any layout and design modifications to be made.
- Discussion groups can be classified into categories. phpBB allows for an unlimited number of discussion groups and topics to be added in the forum.
- Users have the provision to format the messages that they post. They can also attach images with their messages.
- E-mail notification is provided to the users in case any messages are posted to the topics created by the user.
- Extensive security features are provided enabling administrators to limit users' access to discussion forums.
- Users can create their profiles and upload and attach images to their profile. The fields to be displayed in the profile form can be customized by the administrator.
- The forum administrator can set whether the messages are to be moderated or not.
- phpBB supports page caching which helps in improving the performance of the website.
- The forum administrators have the facility to make global announcements to all members of the discussion forum.
- Members of the discussion forum can interact with each other using the private messaging options provided with phpBB. They can send message to multiple recipients, attach files with the message, export messages to a text file etc.
- phpBB provides the forum administrator with the option to enable/disable COPPA specifications.
- Extensive search functionalities are provided with phpBB enabling users to search within discussion topics.